At Rough Stone, our goal is to build a professional, efficient, highest performing team.
Rough Stone Software is an expert software consultancy company, located in Pittsburgh, PA. Our team is comprised of software experts, who specialize in building and integrating the software systems that are critical to improving a business’ ability to make money, be more productive and enable new capabilities.
Our passion allows us to deliver best outcomes and to take ownership of our clients’ most complex development and technology challenges. Rough Stone brings experience, technical leadership and process to mitigate risk in projects and provides clear, measurable business results with high success rates.
Careers at Rough Stone are a tremendous opportunity for professional growth. We support continuing education and personal development. There will be constant change, but one thing is certain, you will learn faster at Rough Stone than you will anywhere else.
In this mid-level role, you will:
- Solve problems, solve challenging problems, and solve challenging problems that no one else can
- Learn and evaluate the full breadth of available Microsoft and complementary technologies
- Develop custom software as an individual contributor
- Deliver high-quality features, typically <10% story reopens
- Complete stories 90% of the time in the defined iteration
- Coach more junior developers
- Perform end-to-end feature development
- Ensure that team completes all tasks within defined timeframes
- Leverage your professional network
Successful candidates have the following traits:
- Humble, earning the trust of clients and team through experience and proven delivery of on-time, on-budget projects
- You want the best thing for the client, even if the best thing is to end our project with them
- You have just as much passion for their business objectives as you do about the technology used to achieve them
- Overcome challenges with legacy codebases, optimizing features and performance even on the face of architectures that are not ideal
- You are a continuous learner, naturally keeping up with the technologies and tools in the industry
- You find yourself teaching others (blogging, speaking, mentoring, leading user groups)
- Programming is your hobby as much as it is your career
- You maintain a professional network