At Rough Stone, our goal is to build a professional, efficient, highest performing team.
Rough Stone Software is an expert software consultancy company, located in Pittsburgh, PA. Our team is comprised of software experts, who specialize in building and integrating the software systems that are critical to improving a business’ ability to make money, be more productive and enable new capabilities.
Our passion allows us to deliver best outcomes and to take ownership of our clients’ most complex development and technology challenges. Rough Stone brings experience, technical leadership and process to mitigate risk in projects and provides clear, measurable business results with high success rates.
Careers at Rough Stone are a tremendous opportunity for professional growth. We support continuing education and personal development. There will be constant change, but one thing is certain, you will learn faster at Rough Stone than you will anywhere else.
In this project manager role, you will:
- Solve problems, solve challenging problems, and solve challenging problems that no one else can
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
Successful candidates have the following traits:
- Humble, earning the trust of clients and team through experience and proven delivery of on-time, on-budget projects
- You want the best thing for the client, even if the best thing is to end our project with them
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers
- Proven working experience as a project administrator in the information technology sector
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- You find yourself teaching others (blogging, speaking, mentoring, leading user groups)
- You maintain a professional network