At Rough Stone, our goal is to build a professional, efficient, highest performing team.
Rough Stone Software is an expert software consultancy company, located in Pittsburgh, PA. Our team is comprised of software experts, who specialize in building and integrating the software systems that are critical to improving a business’ ability to make money, be more productive and enable new capabilities.
Our passion allows us to deliver best outcomes and to take ownership of our clients’ most complex development and technology challenges. Rough Stone brings experience, technical leadership and process to mitigate risk in projects and provides clear, measurable business results with high success rates.
Careers at Rough Stone are a tremendous opportunity for professional growth. We support continuing education and personal development. There will be constant change, but one thing is certain, you will learn faster at Rough Stone than you will anywhere else.
Solution Architects are critical to our clients both operationally and strategically. Our Solution Architects build relationships and provide insight and advice that leverage technology to drive business success. Solution Architect serve in key capacities across multiple clients as well as provide technical sales support within our sales organization. Solution Architects possess strong technical breadth and depth while having the mindset of a business executive and the communication skills of a salesperson. Solution Architects are strategic, seeing around corners, and position Rough Stone and our clients for long-term success, not just with the technology, but with exceptional client engagement.
In this job, you will:
- Study to be an expert in our client businesses
- Build personal rapport with current clients and prospects
- Support account executives, prospects, clients, and development teams with software architecture, technology selection, and approaches to development that meets the business and technical requirements of the project
- Define architecture, key technology, risk analysis, feature backlog, delivery plan with milestones, delivery estimates, staffing plan, road maps and production deployment plans
- Build strong relationships with client stakeholders in both functional, technology and business needs
- Create software solution proposals and support in the creation of SOWs
- Lead the development team by translating the requirements, technical approaches, constraints, and client expectations
The ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
- Humble, earning the trust of clients and team through experience and proven delivery of on-time, on-budget projects
- You want the best thing for the client, even if the best thing is to end our project with them though you drive to help them achieve and celebrate their success.
- You have just as much passion for their business objectives as you do about the technology used to achieve them
- You are a get things done person, and have a sense of urgency and speed that motivates those around you to accomplish great things
- Overcome challenges with legacy codebases, optimizing features and performance even on the face of architectures that are not ideal
- You hold yourself and others accountable for excellence and results, and you have very high standards of performance
- You are a continuous learner, naturally keeping up with the technologies and tools in the industry
- You find yourself teaching others (blogging, speaking, mentoring, leading user groups)
- Programming is your hobby as much as it is your career
- You naturally find yourself looking for chances to serve and teach others (blogging, speaking, mentoring, giving advice on twitter, etc.)
- Programming is your career as well as hobby
- Continuous professional networking
- Architectural and lead development experience with Microsoft technology stack
- Experience supervising, guiding, or mentoring developers
Professional experience required:
- Experience working on business problems that are complex and diverse in scope
- Advanced understanding of business systems and industry requirements
- Collaboration and Negotiation skills
- Ability to develops strong relationships with business leaders
- Excellent communication and influential skills